Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Growing Boy: Month 9

Tuesday, March 19, 2013
 
My little man is 3/4 of a year! In 3 short months I will have a 1 year old boy! Crazy huh? This month has flown by too fast, as the spring months usually do. We have watched Luke crawl faster and FASTER across the floor and now he is even able to stand and balance on his own. He still needs to use something to pull himself up but he can balance for about 10-20 seconds at a time. I think as soon as he can stand on his own without any help he will be walking shortly after that!

Well Baby Visit
Tuesday, March 19th
Weight- 19.10 pounds (48 %)
Length- 29.5 inches (87%)
Head Circumference- 18 inches (66%)

 
 
Feeding
We are still on Nutramigen formula... FOR NOW!  We got the green light at his Well-Baby Check-up to ease off of the Nutramigen formula and get on to regular Cow's Milk Formula. We are going to start with Enfamil Gentle-lease formula and go from there. We have also taken him off the Reflux medicine and he seems to be doing fine. He is still eating solid meat, veggies and fruit but we have added snacks and bite size pieces of fresh fruit and meat as well. He likes to be able to pick these things up in his hands and eat them! I can tell he notices these things because he will look at our food and whine for whatever we are eating.
 
Sleeping
He is staying consistent and sleeping around 10-11 hours per night. He also takes about 1-2.5 naps during the day lasting anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours. He does still sleep in the swing during nap time and has a hard time taking a nap in the crib. As he continues to get bigger and bigger, I wonder how he will adjust when he HAS to nap in the crib. But... I am not going to worry about this just yet.
 
Playtime
This boy is IN TO EVERYTHING! He loves playing with the toys and he is so much more aware of the toys around him. He loves playing with the maracas and tambourine and has REALLY good beat. I used to joke with my percussion players about lack of beat and say "My dog has better beat that you do" (Oxford is pretty rhythmic) but now I can say that about Luke!

My little guy is getting so BIG and I cannot believe he is already 9 months old! I am so very blessed and I thank God for my little man EVERYDAY!

I love you Luke!


Standing and Cruising EVERYWHERE!
 

Absolutely PRICELESS!
 


God is good... ALL the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment