Friday, April 22, 2022

Life at the Lubbock Farm- Summer 2021

 Life at the Lubbock Farm
Summer 2021 
The Week with Gigi and Grandpa 

WE LOVE YOU GIGI AND GRANDPA!

Every summer we get to go to Lubbock to spend a week or more with Gigi and Grandpa. They live on a farm outside of Lubbock and right beside Uncle John and Aunt Leeanna and our two cousins, Madisyn and Daniel. This year we were able to be at their house for 10 days. It was so much fun. Here is what we did every day! 

Thursday, July 1st 
Mommy and Daddy dropped us off with Gigi and Grandpa at the QT in Weatherford, TX. We grabbed some quick bites and then headed west. When we arrived at the farm they played with our cousins and enjoyed the West Texas heat. Uncle John fixed some chicken and we were able to eat dinner with our family. We played with Madi and Daniel until dark. We did not go to bed until really late. 

Friday, July 2nd 
We woke up and played outside with Madisyn and Daniel. We also got to help Grandpa outside with chores and farm stuff. We did this every day. We got to ride the tractor today! We made a "Snake Movie" with our iPads in the morning. We went to the grocery store and got stuff to make our own "soda shack" stuff at home. And then we went to the real "Soda Shack". I LOVE this place. Aunt D came later that night. Gigi made spaghetti for dinner and it was my favorite. 


Luke and Grandpa riding the tractor! 


We LOVE the farm! 

Saturday, July 3rd
We played outside and ate candy for breakfast. We made more soda shack stuff at Leeanna's house.  We made tye-die shirts with Leeanna and Aunt D. Our shirts were really cute. Mine is more white than I thought it would be but I LOVE it. And Uncle John made a brisket for dinner. I really liked it. We played the "Floor is Lava" with Madisyn, Daniel and Aunt D. Luke won several times but I did not win. I LOVED hanging out with my family! This was my favorite part of the whole trip. 


Sunday, July 4th
We got to go swimming at a friend of Aunt Leeanna. This was so much fun because the pool had a slide. We played for so long and I got a little sunburnt. Then we went back to the farm and had hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner. Then we made smores' on the fire. This is always my favorite thing to do at the farm. We then lit all of our fireworks. Luke even stayed outside to enjoy the fireworks. He usually stays inside because he does not like the loud noises. I was proud of him. We had to tell Aunt D goodbye tonight as she was going back to Dallas tomorrow. I already miss her! 


LOVE AUNT D'ANN! 

Monday, July 5th 
We woke up and Grandpa made breakfast tacos. I really liked those. We had chicken for lunch from Church's chicken. It was good. Then we went into Lubbock to go to Blazing Bouncers bounce house. This was SO MUCH FUN! I really liked bouncing around with my cousins. This was so much fun! Then we went back to the farm and had more fried chicken! It was yummy! 


Thank you Aunt Leeanna for this picture! 

Tuesday, July 6th
We woke up and played outside while it was still cool. We went to Lubbock for Whataburger for lunch! YUMMY! Then we went to the Science Museum in Lubbock. This was so much fun. I really liked the meshed hand exhibit and Luke loved the hot air balloon. Thank you Gigi for taking us. We came back to the farm and had Chicken Spaghetti and Homemade Vanilla Blue Bell Ice Cream. I love Blue Bell. Uncle John attached a new swing to the swing-set and it was so much fun! 

We loved swinging on the swing set! 

Wednesday, July 7th
We woke up and played outside and then I practiced my horn. I have practice almost everyday. Then we went back to Aunt Leeanna's friends pool and swam all afternoon. I got a little sunburned but not that bad. Then Gigi and Grandpa took us to Olive Garden for lunch. This is always my favorite. I had a "Create Your Own Pasta" with rigatoni and five cheese marina. Luke had kids double spaghetti. Thank you Gigi and Grandpa! We then went to look at the Bricks in Lubbock and Prairie Dog Town. This was cool. We came home and played with Madisyn and Daniel and had sloppy joes for dinner. There was a "tornado" or dustnado at the farm after dinner. 


We found Uncle Bill''s brick. 


This place was weird but so so cool!
 

This was cool to see. 

Thursday, July 8th
We woke up and had pancakes for breakfast. This is my favorite and mommy never lets me have them because they are so full of sugar. Then we went to Chuck-E-Cheese with Madisyn and Daniel (and Gigi and Grandpa). The food was really good and we had so much fun playing at the arcade. 

Friday, July 9th
Today we woke up and had breakfast tacos and they were so good. We spent most of the day at the farm playing outside and when it was too hot we would go inside and watch TV with Gigi. Then we went into Lubbock to see the program for Madisyn and Daniel. They were so cute. Then we wall went to eat at Taco Villa. I had the quesadilla and they were yummy. Then we went back to the farm and got packed up to go home tomorrow. 


We love you Gigi and Grandpa! 


All the Davis Cousins. 

Daniel saying "CHEESE" 

Saturday, July 10th
We woke up and got all of our stuff in the car and started to go home. We had McDonald's for breakfast on the way to Weatherford. We had a sausage biscuit and it was good. Then we kept driving to get to the meeting spot with mommy and daddy. We got to QT in Weatherford and told Gigi and Grandpa Thank You and Goodbye. I already miss them and cannot wait until Summer 2022. I love this week at the farm. 


We love you Gigi and Grandpa! 

We had lunch at On The Border on our way home and told Mommy and Daddy all the stories from our trip. When we got home I gave Oxford a HUGE HUG! He was so tiny compared to John and Leeanna's dogs, Bonnie and Tex. 

Thank you Gigi and Grandpa for the time at your house. We love spending time with you and having fun at the farm. Thank you Uncle John and Aunt Leeanna for cooking dinners for us and letting us play with Madisyn and Daniel. We had SO MUCH FUN and I cannot wait until next year! 

~Natalie and Luke 


No comments:

Post a Comment