Sunday, October 16, 2022

PCB... Where. To. Begin.- Day 8

 Panama City Beach- Day 8
We Have HOW MANY hours to go? 
Friday, June 10, 2022

Goodbye Pinnacle Port and PCB! We loved you!

Morning
We woke up at 4:30AM and were packed, loaded and on the road by 5:30AM. Before we could even go 10 miles, our car started dining that we had a low tire. We got to a gas station as we turned north to go back to I-10 and all the tires look fine. The car was saying that it was the front-right tire but it was reading 37. Finally, we checked the back-left tire and it was reading 24 so we put air into it. But in trying to figure out which tire was low, we over inflated 2 of the remaining 3 tires. We traveled about 15 miles more before we stopped and purchased a tire gauge (since we left ours in Chris's car) and got all the tires aired up properly. 

We got to I-10 and merged WEST towards Texas but then the temperature gauge on the car started to creep up again. My heart just sank as I knew we needed to get home the following day for Luke's 10th birthday and then Natalie left for youth camp the following day. As we continued to travel, we noticed the temperature gauge dancing between 210 and 230(ish) and just kept praying to get home. Around Mobile, it got fairly hot at 230 but we kept pushing. 

I paid $1K to get this to stay LOW... C'mon Buick! Hang in there! 


See you later Florida. WE WILL NOT MISS YOU! 

As we approached Baton Rouge, we grabbed a late lunch and noticed the tire low again so we put more air into it and just kept praying. This turned out to be the longest and most stressful drive I can honestly remember in my adult life. We tried to drive at the speed limit or even 5 mph below the speed limit to help with the temperature rising and the crazy over-inflated and under-inflated tires. We finally pulled in to our driveway 11+ hours later. If I never had to make that drive again, it would be TOO SOON! 


GOD BLESS TEXAS... I am not sure I have EVER been THIS EXCITED to see this sign. Just 100 miles to go! 

This trip started and ended with drama and stress. In fact, the entire trip was just a ball of stress all around. All four of us LOVED the gorgeous turquoise waters of the Florida Emerald coast and we would go there again but not in the near future. Plus, I would like to go there for a family vacation... not a baseball tournament. That was a LOT of miles for a tournament. 

And that, ladies and gentleman, is how we started our summer. A little wild. A little crazy. And VERY stressful. I can only hope the rest of our summer proves to be better! 


We weren't sure this 15 year old would survive the week without us! 
THANK YOU GOD for keeping Oxford alive, once again!
 

Thanks again for following along! I hope we have been able to provide even a little taste of Panama City Beach, FL and what it is like to attend a major select baseball World Series. I tried to keep this as politically correct as possible but it still came back to bite me in the butt. That bothers me... I feel as if I should be able to share facts and details about our experience without being belittled or completely shut out. But that is not how the world works this day and age. People really only care about "me, myself, and I" and that is ok. I just pray I can bring up my children in a way that is loving and Christ-like so when they are in this situation (on either side of it) they can find joy in their trials knowing God will take care of them. I hope I will have raised them well enough for them to be a light for others. I have been a Christian for over 35 years, and I still struggle with this... near daily (obviously). 

As I mentioned in a previous post... In the end, it doesn't matter if Luke got mound time or got to play the infield or what position he batted in. In the end, we will ALL bow down, Kings, Presidents, royalty and every day people like you and me to the Almighty God. I just have to prepare my kids for that day. 

Jesus, give me the discernment, leadership, love and kindness to do this each and every single day! Thank you Jesus, for this amazing opportunity! I want to give you all the Glory

Thank you for following along! We appreciate your support! 
Up Next... The rest of Summer 2022. 
Be on the lookout for our return to cruising on the
Carnival Vista blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment