Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Sunday, May 12, 2013


Mother's Day 2013
 
 
Today marks my 4th Mother's Day and once again, I am reminded of how blessed I really am. This morning Baby Luke was dedicated at Mims Baptist Church and this was a very special in my family's lives. It brings me back to 5+ years ago when I sat in church nearly in tears longing for a baby! In fact, Bro. Gene preached from a passage that became the backbone of my prayer life in 2008!
 
The story of Zechariah and Elizabeth was proving to be more and more true of Chris and I (Except for the old age... we were still "young" but seemed to be getting old with each passing cycle and no baby) and we would read and review this passage numerous times daily as a reminder of God's continued faith! This story is found in Luke 1:
 
In the time of Herod king of Judea there was a priest named Zechariah, who belonged to the priestly division of Abijah; his wife Elizabeth was also a descendant of Aaron. Both of them were righteous in the sight of God, observing all the Lord’s commands and decrees blamelessly. But they were childless because Elizabeth was not able to conceive, and they were both very old.
 
11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. 12 When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. 13 But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. 14 He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, 15 for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born. 16 He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God. 17 And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”
 
I kept thinking "Lord, you provided these two Godly people with a child. Why cant you provide me with a  child?" Selfishly, I was thinking about me and my happiness and as most people, even the best of Christians do this, I was also thinking about MY TIME and not God's Time!
 
The time had passed and it had been over a year since Chris and I started "trying". I remember this day like it was yesterday. I had become more and more discouraged as each month came and went and no pregnancy. It was early October on a Sunday morning and I had just completed playing the church orchestra. Bro. Todd Fisher was preaching a sermon on "The right way to pray" and as a preacher's kid, I naturally thought "yeah, I have heard this one before" and started to drift away during his sermon. God immediately pulled me into this sermon with an illustration by Bro. Todd. My hardened heart was being molded in the next to last row of the auditorium and tears began to fall from my cheeks as he continued to preach. I remember Chris just reaching over and holding my hand and putting his arm around me not even knowing why I was crying. Bro. Todd continued the sermon and each word that came out of his mouth seemed as if he was speaking directly to ME!  I remember bowing on my knees there in my pew during the invitation and I could literally hear God's small voice tell me "Kellie, keep the faith! I will take care of you." He never told me I would have a child but He told me to "Keep the Faith". These words really spoke to me and I left that worship service completely changed.
 
Another month's cycle came and went and still no pregnancy but this time I was not as depressed as usual and I continued with my daily and weekly routine with no emotional issue. I kept replaying God's small voice words in my head and this helped me get through the day! Chris and I continued to pray numerous times daily and I continued to read the passage above and know that He would take care of me! In November of 2008, we found out that after 15 months of "trying to conceive" we were pregnant with Natalie Grace.


Natalie Grace Davis- August 25, 2009
One of the GREATEST days of my life...

 
I sat in the service yesterday, May 12, 2013 and cried as Bro. Gene read from this passage and spoke of being a "Good Ol' Fashioned Mom". I remember wanting a child so badly those 4-5 years ago and here I sit on my 4th Mother's Day having just dedicate my SON to The Lord for a good Christian upbringing! That Sunday morning in October of 2008 as I sat there and heard the voice of The Lord speak to me "I will take care of you", I never imagined this beautiful life as a mother and I am eternally grateful to Him for allowing me to be Natalie Grace and David Luke's Mom!

David Luke Davis- June 12, 2012
A moment I had waited for SO LONG!
 
I have now dedicated both of my children to The Lord and I have made a commitment to be the best Christian Mother I can be! I will continue to need help and guidance from The Lord to help me be the best I can be but I know He will Take Care of Me!
 



 
 
Thank you Lord, for your continued blessings! This has been the best Mother's Day yet!
 
I LOVE YOU NATALIE AND LUKE!


 
 
God is Good... ALL THE TIME!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful story- so happy that you had a wonderful Mommy's day! :)

    ReplyDelete