Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Christmas Vacation 2015

December 2015
From East Texas to South Texas... the Davis Family is everywhere!

December 18-20, 2015- Arp, Texas
We took the 1st weekend of our Christmas vacation to go to my parents house in Arp. This short 3 hour drive was pleasant and we were able to get to their house around 8PM. The kids LOVE visiting my parents and we do too. On Saturday we began our day with our traditional "Happy Birthday Jesus" breakfast and this was one for the record books as BOTH of my kids really understood why we were celebrating. Later that morning my mom and dad had a surprise for the kids (and us) as Santa Claus himself showed up at my parents house to pay the kids a visit. This was so special and my kids are still talking about it in late January. Luke told Santa he wanted a "cruise ship" and Natalie asked for a "Samantha American Girl Doll". Santa was not sure if there were on the nice list but he said he would try.

Later that afternoon we opened all of our gifts to each other and we all got some great gifts that are truly special. Both of the kids got what they wished for, even Luke, as he got an awesome Lego Cruise ship. Natalie opened Samantha last and was ECSTATIC. Chris and I also got some great gifts and exactly what we asked for. This Christmas was a PERFECT amount and size of gifts for everyone. We were very pleased and grateful to my parents for an excellent gift season.

We spent the rest of that day shopping in Tyler and having an evening with our family. The girls went to the new Village Shopping area in South Tyler and then met up with the boys for dinner. Unfortunately, the Abuelos Mexican restaurant we had planned on going to was brand new and had a 2.5+ hour wait so we ended up eating at Cheddar's and it was still great. We always have a great gratitude for my parents taking all of us out to eat.

Sunday morning came and both Natalie and I performed at my dad's church for the worship service. Natalie sang her usual "Happy Birthday Jesus" and I played my grandma Pat's favorite Christmas song "O Come All Ye Faithful" on my saxophone. It was a great day of worship time as we closed the weekend out with my family. We ate a quick lunch with my parents and we were right back out the door headed back home to see my in-laws. It was a GREAT weekend and I really wish we didn't have to cut it so short because we ALL really enjoy time with my family.

December 22-25, 2015- Conroe, Texas
After we got home from my parents house we spent about a day by ourselves before Chris's brother and sister began to arrive at my in-laws house. We were able to go and see the Star Wars #7 during this time and we LOVED it!

We were able to spend several evenings with Chris's family at my in-laws house and play games and just enjoy each others company. Plus I got to be AUNT SISSY and enjoy time with my niece Madisyn. I was able to help out my mother-in-law and my father-in-law by cooking dinner each evening, which I LOVE to do. It seemed like a chore to them or on paper but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

We opened the Davis family gifts on Christmas Eve and the kids got MORE perfect gifts. Natalie and Luke both got clothes and toys they LOVE. Chris and I were also spoiled as we got memorabilia from our favorite TV show, Survivor. Thank you Dan and Jackie for a wonderful gift season as well. Luke did get sick towards the end of the evening which put a damper on the night and made Chris and I a little hectic going into Christmas Day. Luke seemed fine the next day and none of the rest of us got sick so we were thrilled for that.

The Week Between 
There were several days in this  week between Christmas and New Years where we tried to take it easy and relax and other days where we went out and had fun.

December 28th- Movie Time  
Natalie received all "greens" (good behavior) for the WHOLE 1st semester and was rewarded with a day at the movies. We decided to take her AND Luke to the Star Cinema Grill to see the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie and they LOVED it. We did have to ask for the sound to be turned down as Luke got a little scared but we still had a GREAT time.

December 29th- Texas Bowl 
Chris and I were able to get tickets to the Texas Bowl featuring LSU and Texas Tech and asked his brother John and his wife Leeanna (who went to LSU) to go with us. It turned out that we had a large group of 8 go and we ALL had a blast. LSU ended up winning which made Chris really happy. We got a family pass for $99 which featured 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 drinks and a Fuddrucker's coupon. What a STEAL!

December 31st- BOOM
The day started off with a TERRIBLE OU loss but we ended the night having fun with family and friends. Since we have kids it was all done at home but we still had a BLAST! Speaking of blast... the fireworks were in rare fashion and louder and closer than ever but luckily neither of our kids got sick or as bothered as previous years.

January 1st- Happy New Year
We spent the day taking the kids to the Mall to ride on the carousel and Natalie and Daddy got to go and see the Star Wars movie together. We finished the evening off with a authentic CAJUN meal, complete with Gumbo, Crawfish Etoufee and even Hushpuppies and Beignets. It was delicious and a great way to start the new year.

January 4th- Back to Work 
Chris and I both had to return to work on this day and our vacation was over.

It was a GREAT 2 weeks and I am so grateful we have jobs that allow us to be able to spend this quality time with our little ones and extended family. Now we are just counting down until Spring Break. Just 8 more weeks.

God is good... ALL the time!




No comments:

Post a Comment