Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Our COVID Adventures- Week 9

Week 9 of Quarantine
May 10- 16, 2020 

May 10th- HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY 
Once again, this holiday was like none we have ever experienced (Except those holidays since March 2020, haha). But it was so good to be able to spend the day at home completely surrounded by my kids and family. We started the day watching the online services from my Daddy at Arp Emmanuel Baptist Church and our home church of Mims Baptist Church. Afterwards, we went and got Mama Juanita's Fajita Family Pack to go! This was not near as good as eating it in the restaurant but was a perfect meal for my special day. 

I am SO BLESSED! I am so lucky God chose ME to be their mommy!

I love you Natalie and Luke! 


May 11th 
This was a busy day FULL of zoom meetings as the rest of the week was going to be spent at Keefer trying to get inventory documented and my room ready for the summer. I had our last "official" zoom meeting with my kids for the 2019-2020 school year. It was very bitter sweet and I am going to miss these kids so much!

I went to get the mail and noticed a VERY large box at the front door. I opened it to find a huge canvas of our Abbey girl. There was no card or return address. We called our parents and siblings to see who may have sent it and come to find out a VERY good family friend from church sent it to us. Susan, who also was the family who watched the kids while we took Abbey to the vet, sent us this gorgeous canvas as a simple reminder of our Abbey. This was the most special gift, perhaps, anyone has ever given me! I just cried and cried! Thank you Susan, and family, and may God bless you!

This was PERFECT! Thank you Susan SO MUCH!  

By dinner time, my Mother's Day gift had arrived. It is a small patio furniture dining set for the back yard to go with Chris's new grill. It is PERFECT! 

My new patio dinner set! It is small and able to fold up when not in use! 

May 12th 
This is going to be a VERY EXCITING DAY! I am going to be able to go back to my classroom for MORE THAN 10 minutes. I had to fill out a Covid questionnaire prior to entering the building but this was going to be the new normal I'm sure. Once I got to campus, it felt SO GOOD! I miss this so much! I finally found my home! THIS is where I belong! 

I was able to do inventory on all of my orchestra instruments and get them ready for the summer. I was also able to go through the new uniforms and get them organized and hung up. I spent most of the day there getting everything organized and unlike the past "end of the year cleaning days", this one just felt SO GOOD! I didn't leave campus until past 8PM but it was AWESOME! 

It felt so good to get all of this cleaned and organized! 


Plus be able to get all of our new uniforms hung up! 


May 13th 
I went back up to school again to wait for kids to come and pick up any instruments or other supplies they may need. I was able to organize even more as I waited for kids to show up and I was also able to talk with the band director and choir director on the other side of the building. About 20 of my 110 kids showed up and that was the most special thing of whole day. I was not able to hug their necks or even give them a high five but to see their smiling face was all I needed to get through the end of the year! 

May 14th 
I went back up to school one more time to ensure all of the instruments had been picked up and notice there were still 3 kids who had not come and got their private instrument. I called them all and after waiting most of the afternoon, I called and told them I would bring it to them! WOW... What an experience that afternoon was. I went to the very back of our school zone to a, well... let's just say questionable neighborhood. The road was not paved and the mom told me to just pull in and wait for her to come from the back of the "housing area". Someone pulled behind me and started honking at me to move and then cursing at me. He kept honking... Then all of the sudden about 15 people came out of 5-6 trailers with GUNS! No lie... I called Chris via speakerphone and told him to be quiet. I literally was not sure what was going to happen. A man came out with the gun on his shoulder and said "can I help you ma'am?" As I was shaking with nervousness I explained I had an upright bass and cello in the back for my students. The car behind me honked for me to move and then passed alongside me in a hurry. I waited for nearly 20 minutes before the mom came up from the back of this "neighborhood" to get the instruments. Needless to say, I had to use the bathroom after all this! Wow... It is just a good reminder of how good we have it! This was such an eye opener! May God bless this family and the many others having to live in this type of situation! Whew.. .What a day! 

May 15th 
After a long week of what seemed like life back to normal... I was exhausted. I helped the kids get caught up on their school work before we all spent the day watching family movies and playing board games. Luke had a lot of fun doing activities with "Flat Mrs. Wolf" too! 

This is the most unique thing I have ever seen! Thank you Mrs. Wolf for all you do!

We love you! 


Locally
Governor Abbot announced the Phase II of the Re-Open Texas plan. This meant that bars, wineries, salons and many more places could open but at a much reduced capacity. Not all businesses opened but many did! We were still be extremely cautious. The kids still did not go out to stores with me and we were not eating in restaurants just yet.

May 16th 
It was Saturday and that meant that it was my LONG running day! We all went to the track (even Oxford) and got in our miles. I did a 10K and did about 80% running and only 20% walking which was good. But I knew with hot weather just around the corner, I would have to REALLY work to keep those percentages that high. Another Saturday tradition was grilling and we spent the afternoon enjoying the pool and grilling! 

It's steak night! YUMMY! 


Luke was a happy little boy (who ate more than even Chris...)! 



This was a great week full of fun and exciting times. I loved getting to spend 3 days up in my classroom, even with the weird feelings that went along with it! Just 2 more weeks of school for us... We are almost there! 

But through it all, we know that GOD is still in CONTROL and HE IS STILL ON HIS THRONE! We will continue to look to HIM for answers and continue to pray for this situation and those it is effecting! 


Even in the midst of all of this... 

No comments:

Post a Comment