Sunday, August 19, 2012

"No SOONER Left Behind"

2012-2013 No Excuses University Classroom

At my school we are a "No Excuses University" campus and this means that we follow a program that helps promote going to college even at the earliest of grades. I absolutely LOVE this because getting a college eduction is a HUGE priority to me and will also be to my kids. Not to mention the kids in the area of Houston I am teaching really need to go to college.

We have a weekly college day where each teacher has their home room class wear their college's colors and t-shirts (Let me tell you, it is HARD to teach a class full of 2nd graders wearing burnt orange! It's like I CANT FOCUS!) Each teacher also has their own college/ university that they decorate their classroom in and promotes all of that university's facts and figures throughout the year. Since I am the music teacher I don't have a home room and am unable to purchase 1000 shirts for each kid to wear on College Day. I am however albe to decorate my room and his year I was fortunate enough to be able to get OU. Last year, there was already a tracer who had OU (even though she was NOT an alum) so I had to decorate in UCO. No this year... I was able to get OU and let me tell you, my room is COVERED in Crimson and Cream. In fact, I call my room "No SOONER Left Behind"!

When I get back from maternity leave I plan on making Tuesdays OU days where we will sing and perform "Boomer Sooner" and "OU Chorale" on recorders, xylophones and other instruments as well as talk and discuss information about OU in each class. I have an awesome Pride DVD that I am going to show and I know they will really like that. I am also go to have them march into my classroom each day listening to "Oklahoma".

I am really pumped about this and for that reason alone I am a little upset about not being there until October (that's the only reason... But still!) however, it will still be football season on October 29th and I will give all these ut teachers and fans what for... Trust me!!!

Here are pictures of my classroom!!!

My desk (Chris did this for me and it turned out AWESOME! Thanks honey)

This is the area behind my desk and it will have my degrees and an awesome canvas painting of a saxophone a student from Grove made me when I get back from maternity leave in October! 

This is the front of my classroom COVERED in OU Crimson and Cream

It IS a MUSIC classroom so I guess I should post some music info! 

My "Drum Wall" and cabinets covered in O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A

I put up my mandatory "Word Wall" but added some personal Alumni decor! 

The room WOULD NOT be complete without
"There's Only ONE Oklahoma!"



Boomer Sooner Baby!!!

God is good... All the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment