Thursday, June 16, 2011

Songs of Faith Part 4- "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus"

Well this week I have had two interviews and both of them seemed to go just OK. During the first one, the principal didn't seem to feel well and was distracted. During the second interview, the principal seemed well... not all there. I still have not heard back from some of the interviews that took place last week and I am beginning to get a little "antsy" and worried for that matter. During my very long and frustrating commute home from my interview today, I was reminded of a song and hymn about not fixating on the things of the world but looking toward God for EVERYTHING.


Last night, I went to the Wednesday night service and choir practice with my in-laws even though I did not really want to. I ended up having a good time and was reminded of this Biblical truth and this hymn- "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus". I am reminded that even when I am worried about which job I will get and where I am going to ended up come August, that should not be where my eyes and heart are focused. "And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of his glory and grace." Wow... what an amazing statement. If we all will just Turn to Him all of our worries will just disappear.


Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus


O Soul are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see
There's light for a look at the Saviour

A life more abundant and Free


Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in his wonderful face

And the things of earth will grow strangely dim

In the light of his glory and grace


Take time to think about the words of this precious hymn. There is light for a look at the Saviour and you too can see this light if you will allow him to come into your heart.


Thank you Lord for your continued blessings. I know you will take care of me. He will take care of you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment