Saturday, August 17, 2013

You Only Live Once- By Way of Chris

The Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruise 2013
YOLO, Especially if You Eat LIKE THIS... 
We loved the food selections and restaurants so much that we decided to EACH write our own post on what we ate during the duration of the cruise. This will be formatted by day and then a summary of our favorites at the end of the post. If you have never gone on a cruise and YOU LIKE TO EAT... You will more than likely have one booked by the end of this post!

BY WAY of CHRIS...
Sunday- Embarkation
Lunch
Cezzanne Restaurant/ Lido Buffet and Guy's Burger Joint
Tomato and Mozzarella Panini Sandwich
Mushroom Fritters and Mushroom Quiche (These were INCREDIBLE)
Cajun Style Shrimp Remoulade

"Plain Jane" Burger from Guy's Burger Joint


Dinner
Main Dining Room- Renoir Restaurant


Appetizers
Chips and Guacamole
 (It is not very original, but I do like guacamole)
 

Cured Salmon and Candied Tomato
("Uber" delicious)
  

Main Entrees
Sweet and Sour Shrimp
(This was excellent)



Linguini with Italian Sausage, bell peppers and mushrooms
( I had been looking forward to this one and it did not disappoint)



Desserts
Vanilla Crème Brule
(I enjoyed it but not as much as Kellie did)


Black Forest Gateau
(This was a pleasant surprise)





Late Night Room Service

BLT with Chips
(Not as good as I remembered them from last time)


Monday- Sea Day #1

Brunch at George Lopez Punchliner Comedy Brunch

Eggs Benedict, cheddar grits, side of bacon
(These were "eggcenlent")

Lunch
Cezzanne Resaturant/ Lido Buffet(I don't remember what was good and what wasn't)  

Dinner

Appetizers
Baked Stuffed White Mushrooms
(These were great, I could have had two orders)
Spicy Alligator Fritters
(Tasted like Gator)
Spaghetti Carbonara
(I got the smaller appetizer portion and it was very good.)


Main Entrées
Broiled Maine Lobster Tails and Black Tiger Shrimp
(Best meal of the cruise, I ordered 3 lobsters!)

Prime Rib
(This was very good, and was the second best dish on the cruise, I would have ordered more if not for the lobster.  I did eat more prime rib later in the cruise.)

Desserts
Caramelized Apples on Puff Pastry
(It was okay, but there were better desserts out there)
Cherries Jubilee
 (It wasn't great...)



Late Night Room Service

A New Yorker


Traditional Cheesecake
(This was good cheesecake and I enjoyed it a lot)  


 Tuesday- Sea Day #2

 Breakfast
Blue Iguana Cantina
Chicken and Egg Tacos with a Breakfast burrito


Brunch

George Lopez's Punchliner Comedy Brunch
Filet Mignon and eggs
(The steak was very tender and succulent) 
 

Eggs Benedict


  
Ham and Cheese Omelet
(The omelets on the cruise were very tasty) 



Late Lunch

Guy's Burger Joint
Pig Patty
(One beef patty and one patty made entirely of bacon I also put caramelized onions and mushrooms on it .
)




Dinner


Appetizers
Chilled Cucumber soup with Dill
(Another pleasant surprise) 


A study in Sushi
(This was pretty good, best part of the meal.
)



Main Entrée
Braised Short Ribs
(They were amazingly tender)
 




Desserts
 Lemon Cake
(It was okay, but the Melting Cake was much better)




Carnival's World Renown Warm Melting Cake
(Disclaimer- I DON'T really like chocolate; It was not that good... Chris LOVED it)
  


 Wednesday-
Mahogany Bay- Roatan, Honduras

Breakfast

Blue Iguana Cantina
Customized Breakfast Burrito


Lunch

Blue Iguana Cantina
"Chipotle" style customized Burritos



Dinner


Appetizers
Smoked Duck and Caramelized Oranges
(It was okay, but I have had better duck before)


Chilled Creamy Peach Soup 
(I love a good peach dish)

Shark and Langoustino Fire Cracker Roll
(I took a bite out of a shark)


Main Entrees
Assorted Seafood, Newburg Style
(I was not really sure what "Newburg" meant but it was pretty tasty)

Braised Lamb Shank in a Burgundy Sauce
(I don't normally eat lamb, and this didn't do anything to change that)


Desserts  
Tiramisu
(Definitely my favorite of all our desserts, I had 3 servings!)


Late Night Snack

Pizza Pirate
Margarita Pizza
(It was not very good... I should have stuck with Pepperoni)


Thursday- Belize

Breakfast

Cezzane Restaurant/ Lido Buffet

Bacon and cheese Omelet
(Just like last time, these are the best omelets I have ever had... yet they seem so simple to make)

Lunch

Cezzane Restaurant/ Lido Buffet
A Variety of "Comfort Food" and "Cajun Delights"


Dinner




Appetizers 


Lasagna Bolognese
(I am not a lasagna fan, and this did nothing to change that)


Oyster Rockefeller
(These were pretty good)


Main Entrées
Petite Filet Mignon and Braised Boneless Short-Rib
(Tender and succulent, one of the four times on the cruise I ordered filet mignon)


Grilled Red Snapper
(I have never had red snapper before, and this was great)



Desserts
Old-fashioned apple pie
(They should do this more often.)


Warm chocolate Melting cake
(This is like a brownie sundae) 


Friday- Cozumel
Breakfast
Blue Iguana Cantina  
Breakfast Tacos and Burrito
Lunch
Fish and Chips
Calamari Fritters
Seafood Bouillabaisse  
Octopus Salad
Fried Cod Filets
(I did not like the bouillabaisse or the octopus, but the cod and the calamari were great!)
Dinner

Appetizers
Escargots
(Much better than I remember, I didn't tell Kellie what it was until after we finished.)

Seafood Platter 

Main Entrées
Chateaubriand with sauce béarnaise
(This was so good, people around me started ordering it after they saw me eating it.)


Penne Siciliana
(This was excellent, I enjoyed it way more than Kellie)


Desserts
Baked Alaska
(This sounded wonderful and turned out to just be Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwich)


Amaretto Cake
(This was really good)



 Sea Day #3
Breakfast
Cezzanne Restaurant/ Lido Deck
Customized Omelet
Brunch

George Lopez Punchliner Comedy Brunch
Eggs Benedict and grits
(Why change if it ain't broke)


Filet Mignon and eggs
(Again, if it ain't broke...)


Lunch


Chocolate Extravaganza Buffet
(I love chocolate, and this was tremendous)



Guy's Hamburgers
(I had a regular cheeseburger and added grilled onions...delicious)



Dinner

Appetizers
New England Crab Cake
(I had eaten most of it by the time I remembered to take a picture)
Frog Legs with Provençale Herb Butter
(I got two servings of these, they were pretty good)


Main Entrée
Prime Rib with Baked Potato
(What a great way to finish the cruise, I had Two!)


Dessert
Grand Mariner Soufflé
(Best dessert of the cruise, Save the best for last I guess)
 

Summary
Kellie and I decided to pick ONE item from each category as our favorite:
Appetizer: Escargot
Main Entrée: Lobster Tail 
Dessert: Grand Mariner Souffle

No comments:

Post a Comment