Sunday, August 25, 2013

In the Blink of an Eye

Sunday, August 25, 2013
Happy Fourth Birthday Natalie Grace
It was a bright and sunny morning in Shawnee, Oklahoma on Monday, August 24, 2009. This was the day we had been waiting to arrive for 43 weeks... Yes, FOURTY THREE WEEKS! Ms. Natalie was so comfortable in there that she didn't want to come out. In fact, we made such a joke about this prior to this induction that little did we know that despite all of the drugs and efforts of the doctors and nurses for her to arrive on Monday, August 24th, it wasn't until nearly 26 hours later that she would actually make her arrival.
It was about 6:50am on Tuesday, August 25th and my OBGYN, Dr. Trotter was about to complete his over-night shift when he came in to do a final check. I had been induced on Monday, August 24th around 7am and had been in "labor" for the past 24 hours with very, VERY little progress. Dr. Trotter and the nurses were doing their routine check when all of the sudden I heard Dr. Trotter tell the nurse to go wake up Chris. Sure enough, little Natalie Grace had her umbilical cord wrapped around her neck and her heart-rate was dropping.
Dr. Trotter came in and told me that he was going to perform an emergency C-Section. Before I could even process this, Chris and all of my family was in the room holding my hands and praying. About 30 minutes had passed since the initial morning process that began at 6:55am. Chris and I both got suited up to go to the operating room and what seemed like seconds passed and I was on the table being cut open. In 4 minutes flat, Dr. Trotter had my little miracle out of me and I heard a very loud cry.
A very classic and memorable picture of Chris and his baby walking out of the Operating Room.

Natalie and Chris have a special bond and this picture proves why! Priceless!
More of the special bond Natalie and Daddy share! I am so very grateful for Chris and what a WONDERFUL daddy he is to our 2 children!
Natalie Grace Davis- August 25, 2009


On Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 7:35am Natalie Grace entered the world and my life was forever changed. She was perfect, weighing in at 9 pounds 3 ounces and 20.5 inches long. It was hard to realize that the beautiful tiny baby was "MINE" and everything I had always dreamed of was finally happening. I remember just holding her (After the initial 3 hours of waiting to get to see her, of course) and crying as I sat there and thanked God for allowing me to be her mommy. Oddly enough, I still hold her hand and tear up each night as her and I sit at the foot of her bed and say our prayers together. I always end my prayer with "Thank You, Lord for choosing me to be her mommy and allowing her to be my daughter."
She was everything I had prayed for and MORE!

I seriously cannot imagine my life without her and I cannot believe she is 4 ALREADY! Where has the time gone? I have heard of the sayings from other parents of "They grow up too fast" or "Before you know it, they are grown" but today I feel like I can actually say one of these sayings myself. It doesn't seem like 4 years ago that I was holding her for the first time and it doesn't seem like she should be 4 but SHE IS! Where has the time gone?
Natalie Grace, you are my pride and joy and I thank God for you EACH AND EVERY DAY! You are a true gift from God and I promise to love and cherish you for the rest of your life. I also promise to do my best to be an example of a Godly woman and mother for you in hopes that one day you too will be able to reflect of the 4 years of your child's life! I love you, Nattie!
God is good... ALL THE TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment