Thursday, September 5, 2013

GRAND Memories

August 2013
"Gigi Shirley, Poppy and Natalie's week of FUN" 
We just picked Natalie up in Buffalo, TX from a week long vacation with her Gigi Shirley and Poppy! This has been a tradition of theirs for the last 3 summers but this trip in particular seemed to form GRAND memories. I remember when I was a young girl and was able to go and visit my grandparents and even take trips with them. These are memories I will cherish for the rest of my life and I can tell from listening to Natalie's stories that she will cherish these memories too.

Gigi Shirley and Poppy took Natalie to Colorado to see the mountains, and a baseball game (or 2) of course! This was really special because Natalie has never been to the mountains. Chris and I had been telling her all about them and had printed off some pictures to help her get an idea before she went and for the few days leading up to the vacation all she could talk about was mountains and riding the train to the top.

Gigi Shirley and Poppy started their trip in Denver where they went to 2 Colorado Rockies’ games. This too was really special to Natalie because it was yet another baseball team and stadium experience that she got to share with Poppy! Although, I do find it funny that she asked “why are they playing outside, Poppy”? This poor girl has gotten used to Minute Maid Park so much that she didn't realize that REAL baseball is played outside! I had to tell her that several times when she got home.

Poppy and Natalie Grace at the Rockies' Game

They also went one of my favorite attractions in Denver, Casa Bonita Café. This is a place that obviously serves Mexican Cuisine but also is built around a very large indoor water area that has cliffs and other points of interest that their special Dive Team jumps off of! As soon as we picked her up in Buffalo, all Natalie could talk about was this “DIVE TEAM”. She even told me she wants to be a diver when she grows up! My parents also took my sister and I  here several times in our youth and this was special to hear my little girl talk about the same experiences.

Part of the "Dive Team"

Poppy and Natalie on the edge of one of the Jump-off points for the "Dive Team" 


They also went to the Denver Aquarium in Downtown Denver. I have never been here but I have heard all about it and now I know A LOT about it via Natalie Grace. Here she got to watch Mermaids and Sharks swim while she ate her lunch as well as get to meet some of the mermaids! She has “swam” around our playroom like a mermaid nearly every day since she got back!

Our "SURVIVOR"... She loves this picture! 

This was cool because we pulled out our Grand Cayman stingray pictures and compared them!
She thought this was cool! 


The Mermaid even waved at her! She reminds me of this each day too! 

Natalie loved this Aquarium so much... She wants to go back! 

Our little traveler...

This is a GRAND memory! 


They also went to Colorado Spring where they went to Santa Land! This was one of my favorite things to do in the mountains and I remember so much about it and once again, I loved reliving these memories through my little girl! Natalie did come home and ask for her Christmas gifts but I think she finally realized it is NOT Christmas!
 I'm not sure if she is happy or scared in this one!

Poppy is such a good grandpa! 

 Natalie saw our pictures from Roatan and us riding a Gondola and wanted to ride one and little did she know, she would get to ride one with Gigi Shirley and Poppy!


Natalie got to go to the North Pole! 


Gigi and Poppy also found an “Arcade Amusements” for Natalie to play at where all of the rides were only $.25 each. Gigi told me that it was “Chuck E Cheese on steroids”. When we take our kids in a few years, we will have to visit this place. I am very intrigued!

In Colorado Springs, CO

Natalie had so much fun! 

And a Colorado Springs trip is not complete with a visit to the Colorado Spring Zoo. This is one of my all-time favorites and Natalie seemed to love it too! She brought home a Zebra, who we named Marty, for herself and a black bear, named Buddy, for Luke. 

One of Natalie's favorite Zoo Animals... The Elephants! 

Natalie petting a Wallaby!

When she looks a this picture she says, "Mommy that is a BIG bear"! I love it!


Overall, this has been the best and most memorable of the 3 vacations that Natalie has gone on with Gigi Shirley and Poppy! She has gone to St. Louis and Kansas City as well but she was much younger during those trips and didn't seem to remember much. This trip created GRAND memories and ones that she will remember for the rest of her life!

Thank you, Gigi Shirley and Poppy, for taking Natalie on these wonderful trips! She is so blessed to have y'all in her life and I know she will one day be able to tell HER kids about trips like this! Thank you!


God is Good… All the time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment