Monday, April 14, 2014

Easter Preparation #2- The Power of the Cross

April 14, 2014
"The Power of the Cross"

Easter is this Sunday... Prepare your heart and mind for this amazing day by taking time to spiritually awaken your soul for the amazing deed Christ did for all of us. 

As I prepare my heart of this Sunday and Easter, I cannot begin to fathom the amount pain and agony, Jesus went through as he walked down the road to Calvary to be nailed to The Cross. All of MY sins and all of YOUR sins bore on the weight of His shoulders as the crown of thorns was placed on his head. "It is finished" was His cry. 

The Cross is Powerful but sometimes we need the simple reminder of HOW powerful it really is. Christ became sin for us by being nailed to this Cross of wood. And because He did this for you and me... We stand FORGIVEN at the Cross! And the sins I have committed and commit on a daily basis; the nagging of my husband, the short tempered with my kids, the impatience on the roadway and at work; sins both BIG and small. We are forgiven of these sins because of what took place on the cross. What an amazing gift we have been given.

I saw a saying on social media last week that really helped me grasp this amazing gift and Power of the cross: "The Power of the cross is not found in what I do but in what has already been done for me" by Suzie Eller! What a thought to ponder and think about as we continue in this Holy Week. 

This beautiful song is a testimony of this event and the beautiful gift God has given us... But we have to accept this gift. 

"The Power of the Cross" 


Oh, to see the dawn

Of the darkest day:

Christ on the road to Calvary.

Tried by sinful men,
Torn and beaten, then
Nailed to a cross of wood. 

CHORUS:
This, the pow'r of the cross:
Christ became sin for us;
Took the blame, bore the wrath—
We stand forgiven at the cross. 

Oh, to see the pain
Written on Your face,
Bearing the awesome weight of sin.
Ev'ry bitter thought,
Ev'ry evil deed
Crowning Your bloodstained brow. 

Now the daylight flees;
Now the ground beneath
Quakes as its Maker bows His head.
Curtain torn in two,
Dead are raised to life;
"Finished!" the vict'ry cry.

Oh, to see my name
Written in the wounds,
For through Your suffering I am free.
Death is crushed to death;
Life is mine to live,
Won through Your selfless love. 

FINAL CHORUS:
This, the pow'r of the cross:
Son of God—slain for us.
What a love! What a cost! 
We stand forgiven at the cross






Will you accept this gift? 

God is Good.. All the Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment