Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easter Preparation #4- Via Dolorosa

Thursday, April 17, 2014 
"Via Dolorosa"


With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last. The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. And when the centurion,who stood there in front of Jesus, saw how he died, he said, “Surely this man was the Son of God!”  Mark 15:37-39 

I have always wanted to visit Jerusalem and see the area where Jesus was born and where he eventually was laid to rest. I want to walk down the streets He walked and visit the places and Gardens He visited. I am a very visual learner and I would love to not only be able to SEE these places but experience these places.

I have always been a very musical person but when I was a teenager I was visiting my grandmother in Wichita, KS and I was able to hear my aunt Julie Garrett sing a song about Jesus and His death on the cross. Julie always did and still does have the voice of an angel but this particular song stuck with me and really helped me get a grasp on the situations that took place as Christ died for you and me. Thank you Julie for giving me this experience and singing these words so beautifully so many years ago!


"Via Dolorosa" by Sandi Patty
Down the Via Dolorosa in Jerusalem that day
The soldiers tried to clear the narrow street
But the crowd pressed in to see
A Man condemned to die on Calvary

He was bleedingfrom a beating,
there were stripes upon His back

And He wore a crown of thorns upon His head
And He bore with every step
The scorn of those who cried out for His death


(chorus)
Down the Via Dolorosa called the way of suffering
Like a lamb came the Messiah, Christ the King,
But He chose to walk that road out of His love
For you and me.
Down the Via Dolorosa, all the way to Calvary


The blood that would cleanse the souls of all men
Made its way to the heart of Jerusalem.


Down the Via Dolorosa called the way of suffering
Like a lamb came the Messiah, Christ the King
But He chose to walk that road out of His love
For you and me
Down the Via Dolorosa, all the way to Calvary


What Via Dolorosa looks like today...

I listen to this song and read these lyrics and all I can say is THANK YOU! 

Thank You, Jesus Christ for walking down Via Dolorosa on your way to Your Crucifixion. You walked this road with the weight of the cross and the entire World on Your shoulders! Thank you... Thank you. 

It's Thursday... But Sunday's Coming! 

God is Good... All the Time! 




No comments:

Post a Comment