Sunday, December 26, 2010

What an amazing Sunday!!

Today I was able to sing a song as a special in my dad's church in Arp. He is the pastor there and has been for about 15 years or so. I grew up singing with my mom or singing solos at church. When I was in college I would travel up to see my grandparents in Wichita, KS and would sing a special on Sunday morning at one of their churches. When I attended Bethel Baptist Church in Norman, OK I also performed with the praise team.

I began playing my saxophone at my church ensemble when I was only 14 years old. This was really fun and I knew I loved to worship by playing my sax. I continued this into college where I played in the orchestra/ band at Bethel in Norman and became a music intern and band director. When I got married and moved to Shawnee, I also continued to play my saxophone in the worship orchestra. This is so great because I am able to give the talents the good Lord gave me back to him each and EVERY Sunday at church.

Today as I listened to my dad preach I remember the joy I had when I sing at church in not just play my saxophone. I love to sing! I wish I could do more of it at my current church! What an amazing Sunday morning service today at AEBC! Thank you dad for a great sermon and service and thank you Lord that I could worship you through my singing!

May God bless each of you as your conclude your 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment