Saturday, December 25, 2010

What a Joy is Christmas!

Well the past 3 Christmas's for me have been truly amazing! Not to mention the other 25 but lets start here:
2008- We found out we were going to have Natalie Grace!
2009- I got my Masters from UCO
2010- I received the "Teacher of the Year" award from my school.

It is always so wonderful to spend time with your family! It has been a true blessing to be able to be here with my family and Chris and Natalie! This year we decided to start "Cookie Wars" with Chris, Allison and I. Each of us will make cookies each Christmas/ Thanksgiving and have some family friends judge them! This year Chris made Fig and Walnut cookies and Allison made "Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies". Chris's cookies won by 1/2 of a point! Congrats to Chris!





Today we celebrated Christmas and started our very own "Davis Family Tradition" for Chris, our kids and I to continue for years. We read the Christmas Story in the Bible and then sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus and had a cupcake for him. We also discussed and prayed with little Natalie. I am so glad that we will be teaching our kids the REAL meaning of Christmas! I owe this all to my parents who did the same for me!


We got tons of gifts and I am so grateful to Chris, Allison and my parents for all the wonderful items I got today! So many things that we will have to just come back to Tyler some other time to get it all! Little Miss Natalie got a wagon, Mega Blocks table set, A PINK Tee-ball set, a "Natalie" doll and tons of other stuff. I got a beautiful "Family Blessings" picture frame, A Cuisinart Griddler, a New York Yankees snuggie and lighted wall sign, a beautiful sweater and necklace set; not to mention the tons of other items I got my my family.
It seems with each Christmas that passes, they only get better. God is so good and I am so blessed! Thank you Lord for my family and the joy we share together! Thank you Chris, Allison, Mom and Dad for helping make my Christmas PERFECT!

Merry Christmas to all my friends and family! Remember... JESUS is the REASON for the SEASON!

God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment