Monday, October 3, 2011

A new day has come

Well... I had a TERRIBLE weekend and an even worse previous week. I was completly depressed and to make it even better... I was kicked while I was down. I thought about crying about it and getting myself even more depressed but I then decided I would try to just hold my head high. I went to bed early last night and spent some much needed TLC with God. I woke up this morning with a new attitude and outlook on all of my situations. I got up and went for a jog as well as spent time reflecting on my pity party and my terrible weekend and how I could work to make all of these situations better.

Today at school was a wonderful day and I got "Back to the Basics" and taught a lesson that I created while at Grove and my kids loved it. We worked on the same material as in the curriculum but we worked on it in a unique and fun way. The faces of these kids lit up like I had never seen. I got more "Wow... we LOVED music" and more hugs than I have all school year. For a moment today, I felt as if I was achieving my career goal at Booker of helping these kids LOVE music the way I LOVE music.

Overall... It was a good day! God is good and God is in control. I know he has a plan for me and I know he is looking out for me and all of my pressing situations. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment