Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My Growing Boy: Month 11

May 12, 2013
Just one month away from the BIG Birthday
 
I cannot believe that in one short month my "Little Baby Luke" will be 1 year old. It is hard to imagine where the time has gone and how big and FAST my little guy has grown up! It seems like only yesterday I was holding my 8 pound baby for the first time! Now, that 8 pounds has nearly tripled and is walking, ha... practically running, all over my house! In less than 30 days I will have a toddler and it is only down hill from there!
 
Feeding
Luke has reached the point where he is just not interested or satisfied with Baby Food. Instead he stares and whines for "big people food". He will just watch us eat and then show us his sign for "More" and then basically cry til we give him OUR food. Right now his favorite food is hotdogs and deli meat. I swear he ate nearly 3 hotdogs the other day. He is still drinking about 20-26 ounces of formula each day and still taking it out of a bottle but we are working on transitioning to a sippy cup! He is drinking apple juice and Crystal Light lemonade from a sippy cup but for whatever reason he will NOT take his bottle from a sippy! I am afraid that is going to be a slow transition process!
 
Sleeping
Luke is still sleeping really well and averages 10-12 hours of sleep each night. Lately he has gotten real good at falling asleep on his own and often without having to have a bottle right before. Usually he falls asleep while I am rocking Natalie and even with the TV on and Chris and I talking he will fall asleep and we can take him to his crib without him waking up completely. This is SO DIFFERENT from Natalie at this age who had to be completely rocked to sleep in order to NOT throw a fit! Luke is so easy in this perspective.
 
Playtime
He is now a FULL TIME walker. In fact, he practically is running everywhere. The other day he tried to jump like Natalie and almost did. Lately he has been watching daddy, play the Wii and will try to run just like Daddy. He also will chase the dogs around the house. He has also just recently found out he can climb the stairs. Ha... This is a nightmare because even though he knows it is not good, he will grin at us and then run to the stairs and try to climb up them! Crazy little boy!
 
This 11th month of life has been monumental since he has transitioned from a Part-time walker/ crawler to a FULL TIME walker! He is so much more active than Natalie was. He is in to EVERYTHING! I think I will have to completely baby proof my house with this guy! I have tried to keep cabinets locked with basic rubber bands but I think I am going to have to take the time to install actual baby locks! He has slammed his fingers a few too may times!
 
In just 1 month he will be 1 year old and a toddler... WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE? I cannot wait to see him smash his little cake on his birthday!
 
I love you Luke... and here's to the last month of being a BABY!
 
God is Good... ALL THE TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment