Friday, March 9, 2012

My "Day of Surprises"

If you are a follower of mine, you know life has been a little hectic lately! Between living with the in-laws, being a single parent (ONLY DUE TO CHRIS' BASEBALL SCHEDULE!!!), busy time of year at school and the pregnancy my life has been literally exhausting! I am in need of a break! (I am sure you are reading this and thinking the same thing!)

For the past 2-3 weeks, I have been helping Chris complete his duties for his alternative certification. He has to complete 37 projects about his teaching, take numerous practice exams plus complete his actual certification. I have been helping by completing some of the projects he started and helping him review for upcoming tests. With his INSANELY busy schedule these days, I have been trying to help him get it all done before the end of April. This too has been exhausting but worth it for him to be able to have everything done!

All of that to say this morning when I got out of the shower and was getting ready for work, Chris came in with a bag full of presents. He told me "I wanted to give you a day of encouragement and surprises. There are 7 small gifts in here for you to open after each of your class periods today." He told me he would have done this on our actual anniversary (March 11- Sunday) but I don't have school that day. This was totally unexpected and I was a little in shock of his romanticism. He continued saying "You have done a lot lately with taking care of Natalie, helping me with my certification and just being a teacher and mom. I wanted to give you something to look forward to at the end of each class. I love you very much!" I was nearly in tears. To my memory (it is not the best) I cannot remember a time of him being this romantic and sweet. I am so very grateful for this... especially at this point in my life.

These gifts have all been so amazing and original as well. I did not ask for any of these but rather he thought of them on his own (I LOVE IT WHEN HE DOES THIS). I don't know where or how he found the time to get these but they are great. Each of these gifts were wrapped in separate gift bags with tissue paper and a small note explaining each. My "Day of Surprises" included these wonderful gifts:

1st period
A compact mirror
"For you to see how beautiful you are"

2nd period
Room Freshener Spray
"At least our room will smell good"

3rd period
An Island scented candle
"A sweet scent for a sweet woman"

4th period
New daily face wash and a loofa
"Something new to try because I know you like new things"

5th period
Peanut M&Ms
"A little pick-me-up to get you through the day"


6th period
A 4X6 Picture Frame
"A frame for the first time Baby Luke meets Abbey and Oxford" 


7th period
Scents for my Scentsy
"You are Sensational :)"




It is amazing how God sends you a message and a TRUE pick-me-up exactly when you need it. This happened to be through my husband and his kind and romantic spirit. Today was one of those days at school where I held back tears thinking "I just don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to be here." Actually, on several occasion today I felt this way and luckily I had these small tokens of love and affection from my loving husband to help me get through the day. These were all small but were really BIG in my heart and will stay there forever. The very last gift was a true tear-jerker for me and I really needed someone (anyone) to tell me that after a day like today!

I love you, Chris Davis, and I will never forget this "Day of Surprises" as long as I live. You have lifted my spirits and made me realize how much you love and care for me. You are the best husband a girl could ask for and an even better father to our beautiful children. I really cannot thank you enough! The last 6 years have been amazing and a blessing to me and I cannot wait for the next 6! I love you with all my heart!

God is GOOD... ALL the time!


No comments:

Post a Comment