Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Week 2011: Day #1

Monday, November 21, 2011
"Count Your Blessings"
Today I am most grateful for my salvation in Jesus Christ. Without Him and His sacrifice, I would not be here today and I would not possess the many, many blessings I have. I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Saviour on June 5, 1988 at the foot of my parents waterbed in Ulysses, KS. My dad is a baptist pastor and I was at church as often as its door is opened and around 6 years old I began to ask questions about God and His Son and His sacrifice. My dad was always quick to respond and one Sunday evening after Sunday night church services I prayed a simple prayer and asked Jesus to come into my heart. Ever since then I have been trying my hardest to live for Him and let others know about His unfailing love and sacrifice.

Through my salvation the Lord has blessed me with so many blessings and this week I am going to give thanks for these blessings and His willingness to bless them upon me even when I do not deserve them. This time of year always makes me think of the familiar Christian Hymn "Count Your Blessings". This hymn's words are so beautiful and speak to my heart:
Count your blessings name them one by one
Count your blessings see what God has done
Count your blessings name them ONE BY ONE
Count your blessings see what God has done

For the remainder of this Thanksgiving Week 2011, I am going to Count My Blessings and Name them ONE BY ONE. If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, pray the simple prayer today and you too can start COUNTING YOUR BLESSINGS!

God is Good... ALL THE TIME!  

No comments:

Post a Comment