Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Week 2011: Day #4

Thursday, November 24, 2011 Thanksgiving Day 2011

Today I am extremely grateful for my job and my husband's job. The past 2 Thanksgivings we have been living off of just one teacher's salary and we were barely making it. In October of 2009 Chris was laid off from his manager job in Oklahoma City. This was just 2 months after our precious Natalie Grace was born. This was a blessing in some ways because Natalie was able to spend quality time with her daddy which a lot of children NEVER have the opportunity to do.

After 22 long months of desperately searching for a job and living paycheck to paycheck, on May 27, 2011 Chris was offered a teaching job within Aldine ISD in Houston. This happened to be on the last day of school for me at Grove and I basically had to tell all my students and teacher friends in a very short time period. It was sad and very hard on me but I knew it was the right thing to do. Chris and I began the moving process shortly after the Memorial Day holiday.

During the remaining days in May and the first three weeks in June I had to be in Houston for teaching job interviews myself. I went on about 12 interviews before I found the one God had for me. On June 30, 2011 I went on an interview at Booker Elementary in Spring ISD for an elementary music teaching position. I felt really good about the interview and had a feeling this could be the one. I had also been expecting a phone call back from another interview I went on as well and was get very nervous and anxious about the whole process. Chris, Natalie, his parents and I decided to go and eat lunch at Double Dave's Pizza in The Woodlands in hopes to help get my mind off of this process. As we were sitting down to eat, I got a call. Everyone assumed it was the New Caney ISD principal calling. In reality it was Booker Elementary in Spring. They offered me the job just 2 hours after the interview. This clearly was a God thing.

I am very blessed this holiday season to be living the life I currently do. I struggled the past 2 years with finances and just emotional depression in general and by grace and faith in God I survived and I am now capable of giving back to those in need. I am very excited about this Christmas season and I plan on giving my family and friends gifts that I have never been able to give, especially the previous 2 holiday seasons. God has truly blessed me and my family with our jobs and I am forever grateful for Him and His continuous blessings!

God is Good... ALL THE TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment