Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Week 2011: Day #3

Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Today I am thankful for my family. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful mother and father who have set such an amazing Godly example for me of not only what a Godly mother and father should be but also what a Godly marriage and couple should look like. They have been there for me through thick and thin and for that I am forever grateful.

I am also thankful for my sister Allison and her never ending love for me and practically EVERYONE she meets. She really does have a heart of gold and has "never hurt a fly". I swear she could make friends with a complete stranger in 5 minutes. She is just like that and I wish I had that same quality. She loves me for me and never minds my attitude or selfishness. I am forever grateful for that as well.

I am also thankful for my extended family of my grandmothers, aunts, uncles, cousins and other family members who have always been there for me and love and support me. Although I do not get to see them as often as other people or as often as I would like, we are still able to keep in touch and talk to each other via email, telephone and even facebook. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful extended family and I am so grateful for a wonderful family group.

In addition to my blood line family, I am also extremely grateful for my in-laws. They too are a wonderful example of Godly parents and husband/ wife. During the previous 5 1/2 years I have seen them and watch them and learned so much from their experiences. I am grateful for my brother and sister in-laws and their eternal friendship. I feel so lucky to have a set of brother and sister in-laws that I can talk to and get along with. I know that is a coveted aspect of in-laws and I am very appreciative of their friendship. I am so gracious God has allowed me to be a part of such a great family and I am forever grateful for my in-laws.

God created the family and I know he has chosen the perfect ones for me. I know there are people out there in the world that do not have the wonderful family I have and I thank God each and every day for all of the people in my family.

God is Good... ALL THE TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment