Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Prenatal Visit #10

Tuesday, May 8, 2012
"Not at the same time"

Today I went in for my 34 week OB appointment/ check up and all is still well with me and Baby Luke. He is growing perfectly and doing great. I wish I could say the same... All I can say is "IT IS HOT!" I swear it gets HOTTER and HOTTER EVERY DAY! Oh... and I get BIGGER and BIGGER EVERY DAY! These two make for a pretty miserable day by 2:30-3:00pm. But that is OK... I am trying to enjoy these last few weeks with just me and Natalie and daddy. It still seems hard for me to believe that in less than five weeks I will be a mother of 2! Seems crazy but I am ready!

As usual, the appointment began with the taking of my blood pressure and checking my weight. Both of which were a little high for me and my previous bi-weekly or monthly stats. In just 2 short weeks I had gained nearly 5 pounds... YIKES!!!! Now I kept telling myself that is because I got the green light to eat sweets again, and honey let me tell you... I ATE THOSE SWEETS! It is like I had been so cautious and careful the previous 30 some weeks and I was going to make up for lost time:)! But, I DID NOT like the number I saw on the scale so I am going to tone it down a bit! My blood pressure was 131/78 which is still a good number but my nurse said Dr. Markos would want to retake it in after a short wait time.

Sure enough, as Dr. Markos came in and checked all my statistics and figures he noticed 3 things: The high Blood Pressure (For me), the 5 pound weight gain and MY FAT FEET. Yes... the dreaded SWELLING of my ankles and feet has started. He took my Blood Pressure again and it was 120-78 which is almost perfect and usual for me. He explained that the weight gain was more than likely because of the swelling and retaining of water. But he also said the baby could have just gone through a growth spurt too... Of course lets hope the 5 pounds is not all LUKE!!!! He measured me at 34 weeks "and some change" as he said so I seem to be right on target for my little man. Dr. Markos also used the "Doppler" to check Luke's heartbeat which was in the 120s and 130s. Dr. Markos also liked to poke around at my belly and Luke just to get a laugh! It was interesting to see Luke's heartbeat change after being poked at!

Dr. Markos mentioned wanting me to have another ultrasound next time (36 weeks) to check on an approximate weight of Baby Luke. I am really anxious to see this figure since when I was 36 weeks pregnant with Natalie, Dr. Trotter estimated a 7 1/2 pound baby and Natalie came out 9.3!!!! Now keep in mind I was 43 weeks pregnant when I delivered precious Natalie so there was a 7 week wait time in between that ultrasound and the actual delivery date but I am still curious to see if I will just be prone to have big babies or was it because I was 43 weeks along!!! Either way, I will be able to find out his current weight (at 36 weeks) and get an estimate on his birth weight as well. I am excited and a little nervous!!!

I also found out that the original C- Section time of 7:30am on June 12th had already been scheduled for another woman so I was pushed back to the 12:30pm slot on that same day. This was a little shocking to me at first because my nurse told me 7:30am was the set time. Because of this I had thought it would be neat to have Natalie and Luke born at the same time of 7:34am on a Tuesday. Even though they will NOT BE BORN AT THE SAME TIME... I do think this will be better in the long run since I will have just finished school for the year the previous Friday and I have to get up for work so early 5:00-5:30 every morning. This will allow me to sleep in (We will see if that actually happens... not the sleeping in but the SLEEPING AT ALL!) and even eat a later dinner the night before. It is just 5 weeks away and I CANNOT WAIT!

On a side note, I am really beginning to like my doctor (which is ALWAYS a good thing right?). This is not to say I have not liked him but since I was new to the area and literally knew nothing, I had to ask friends from Sunday School about local doctors and Dr. Markos came as a highly referred doctor from a SS friend. He has been very knowledgeable and helpful but it just seems I really know how to pick em'. He is much older and has an extensive history of OB/GYN and Director of OB clinics and what not. He reminds me so much of Dr. Trotter from Shawnee and I was never really a fan of his. All of this to explain a funny story from yesterday. I was all decked out in my college day apparel for school with my "Future OU Sooner on the Way" shirt with matching jewelry. I had bedazzled earrings, a necklace and even an OU bracelet on. I was showing my TRUE COLORS for sure. The first thing Dr. Markos does when he walks in the room yesterday is say "Oh I see you are an Ohio University Fan!" I laughed and smiled and said "Ummm... NO! That is Oklahoma University sir!" He smiled and explained that he went to the University of texas and his son was offered a scholarship to OU for football. He was very familiar with OU and its football legacy and said even though he went to UT for med school, he had a true respect for OU! Yeah... He is getting a big tip at the end of all of this! Of course he then jokingly said he would give Luke a "hook em' horns" first thing after the surgery! (I was laughing inside thinking... yeah "just cut your tip in half")  I just love having a OU/ texas rivalry person to pick on! Luke WILL BE A SOONER!!! TRUST ME!!



Overall, it was a GREAT check-up and I am looking forward to the ultrasound and weight check in a few weeks as well as actually meeting Mr. David Luke on June 12th at 12:30pm! I am truly amazed at God's continued blessings on me and my family and I am eternally grateful!

GOD IS GOOD... ALL THE TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment