Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Husband: Days of Thankfulness Part 4

I write this particular post with a very heavy heart this morning. You see when I got to school this morning, I was greeted by a co-worker who was "down and out" and seemed very depressed. I spoke with her a little in the hall only to find out that she and her husband of 8 years have been separated for 3 months and are now filing for divorce. This is a Godly woman and she always seems to be happy to work here and teach her kiddos yet somehow in the past few months she has been a little depressed. I would occasionally talk to her but it usually remained about school life and not home life. However, her husband is a coach as well and we have talked about his topic frequently.

I spoke with her for about 30 minutes this morning before we each had to get to our respective duty stations and she kept repeating the statement "I just didn't realize what I had. I kept griping and complaining about the small things and I really just took him and our whole relationship for granted." I consoled her and we prayed but I just realized that I too frequently complain and get wound up in the little things. I swear just last night I was complaining at poor Chris to pick up his socks on the living room floor (on his birthday nonetheless)!!! I think sometimes you just have to take a step back and smell the roses. And clearly after speaking with this friend... NONE OF US DO THIS ENOUGH! It is time we START appreciating what we have!

So today, on the day after my husband's 34th birthday, I would like to thank him for being there for me through thick and thin and listening to my "nagging" and complaining. I know all wives do this but I thank him for putting up with my complaints all these years, even if they are to "make the bed" or "pick up your socks". I love my husband so very much and I really don't know what I would do without him. He is my rock and my foundation and I don't think I would be able to live or function without him. I thank God for Chris daily and for allowing me to be his wife but I don't thank CHRIS enough for allowing me to be his wife. Today is a new day and I am going to start THANKING CHRIS everyday! I know I am NOT going to win any "Wife of the Year" awards but I am trying and I will continue to try to be the best wife possible.

Chris, I thank you so much for just putting up with me and being there for me EVERYDAY. Please know how much I love you and how I feel so lucky to be your wife! I cant wait to spend the rest of our lives together. You are the "Husband of the Year (Century)" and I thank you for that! I LOVE YOU!

For my friends and followers, please pray for this friend of mine at school who is now suffering and hurting from this situation in her life. I felt so helpless for her today and I am now praying for a miracle that only HE can provide. Thanks for your prayers!

Even in a situation like this...

GOD IS GOOD... ALL THE TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment