Tuesday, July 31, 2012

House Hunters: Davis Style – Part 4

Wednesday, July 25, 2012
"Stewart's Forest"

Today Chris and I went out with the realtor again to one subdivision in the middle of Conroe called "Stewart's Forest". This is off of Loop 336 and very central to all of our needs including work, church and grandparents.

We started off by looking at two houses that were on the upper end of our budget. Each of these had special amenities that we haven't seen in other houses including a formal dining room, hardwood floors and large laundry rooms. In one of the houses they had a designated media room on the second floor which the sellers had painted black and had installed little ledges and steps for theater seating. This was really cool and Chris immediately saw an amazing football season but I kind of wondered if we would really use it for that. Of course, if we DIDN'T use it for a media room, we would have to paint over the entire room (Ceiling included) full of black paint and take out the ledges.

We then went to two houses that were a little bit smaller and a little bit lower-priced. These two were almost identical in floor plans and square footage with 2300 ft.². Both of them had four bedrooms but they did not have a study. Instead each of them had a formal dining but there wasn't a breakfast nook It was an eat in kitchen. I like the formal dining however neither of them had a breakfast bar either so you would be forced to eat at the formal dining every day which is a little discouraging to me. The master bedroom was very large in both of these floor-plans however the secondary bedrooms were very small ranging in size from 10 x 10 to 9 x 9. It made it hard to envision a full-size bed for the kids and a king-sized bed for the guest in any of these rooms.

Want to be smaller floor plans was very updated and had everything increasing our looking for as far as amenities. We both left that house with our heads held high and even discussed on the way home making a offer on this home. We went home and thought and prayed about it and even though this would be a smaller house than what we wanted with smaller bedrooms and without a study we decided we liked it the best of all the houses we had looked at began to envision our family living there. The next morning our realtor called and said it had been sold. This was very frustrating and discouraging to us. Chris a great attitude and said "it's just not the house for us". I knew that and I knew that God would show us the house for us but I was still discouraged since I had gotten my hopes all up for that one house.

So here we sit two and half weeks into the real estate looking process with nothing. My realtor has reassured me that this is very common and to not get discouraged but I haven't had my own home in over year and that's all I want is just my own place to call home.

This reminds me of one of my all-time favorite verses Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".

I do have hope and I know that God knows my future and he will provide for me and my family.

God is good… All the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment