Monday, July 16, 2012

My Growing Boy: Week 3

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

This week marked a lot of firsts for baby Luke. It started off with his first visit to the swimming pool. Of course this is for Natalie's swim class so he didn't do any swimming. He sat in the stroller while mommy and him watched Natalie at her very first swim class. In fact despite the heat he slept through the whole thing.

It also marked his very first holiday. This was his very first Fourth of July and he loved it. In fact all four of us got dressed in our matching Old Navy shirt to take pictures. we went for a walk that day and even watched some fireworks.

God is Good... ALL the time!

I decided that I would start weighing him on a weekly basis to make sure he was growing the way he should be. So on Tuesday, July 3 we went to Memorial Hermann Hospital in the Woodlands to weigh him. This is a really neat lactation facility that offered a baby scale free to moms to wear their babies. Since our pediatrician had been weighing him naked I took off his dirty diaper and started the process. He weighed 9 lbs. 13 oz.! Wow...what a big boy! So in just one week he gained 13 ounces. That was nearly 2 ounces a day. Of course I've been feeling like a cow since I've been feeding him every two and half to three hours and it was nice to see all of my hard work paid off. I wasn't able to measure him lengthwise but he definitely looks taller this week.

We decided over the weekend that he was big enough and well enough to go to Sunday school so I'm sending morning we got up and headed towards Mims. This was really nice to get out and show him off a little bit. We didn't stay for the service that day because he was really awake and starting to get fussy towards the end of Sunday school. Of course as soon as we got in the car and drove 2 miles he was sound asleep. That figures!!

It was a great week and obviously a growing week for my baby Luke.


God is good... All the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment