Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Growing Boy: Week 1

Tuesday, June 19, 2012
The "ORIGINAL" Due Date

My baby is one week old today... I can't believe it. He's already growing up so fast. It has been a great but very long week. Thanks to the help of my mom and my mother-in-law I have survived without them I don't know. They both have really helped me get through this stressful weary week. They also have shared their 60+ years of mothering experience with me to help me with my new precious bundle of joy. Thank you both so very much.

When we left the hospital on Thursday, Luke was pretty jaundiced and we had to go to the pediatrician the very next day. Our pediatrician told us that although he looked very yellow he was not bad enough to go back to the hospital. She told us to do the usual of taking him out to the sun and having him get plenty of sunlight to help the jaundice go away.

When we left the hospital on Thursday Luke weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz. This was 9 ounces less than his birth weight of 8 lbs. 12 oz. On Friday, June 15 when we went to see the pediatrician Luke gained 3 ounces and was up to 8 lbs. 6 oz. I took this as a sign that he was growing well and continue to feed him every three hours.

During this week Luke was very fidgety and fussy and did not like to sleep in the cradle or the crib. In fact it during the nighttime we had to hold him in the rocking chair. Again it was a good thing that my mom was in town so we could take turns holding him. Of course, if you asked my mom she would've liked to have all of the shifts of holding him! Chris usually would take the first shift my mom would take shifts number two and four and I would take the middle shift between 2 AM and 5 AM. This at least allowed me some precious hours of sleep.

During the day he was usually sleepy and was not awake for very much. I too was very sleepy and took several naps during the day. He was putting out about 10 to 12 wet and poopy diapers each day. I guess it is a good thing I loaded up on all those diapers!

This is a beautiful week to me because I was able to hold and cuddle my boy all day long. It is exactly what I envisioned in my head all these years.


 
As always...

God is good... All the time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment