Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Growing Boy: Week 2

Tuesday, June 26, 2012Sleeping in the crib- CHECK!

Today went back to the pediatrician for a two-week checkup. It started off like a normal checkup but turned out to be terrible. We got there at 10:40 for our 10:45 appointment and was not able to see the doctor until nearly noon. In fact it wasn't even our regular pediatrician because she was on vacation which made matters worse. We finally got back to the room the nurse took his weight and Luke weighed 9 pounds even. She also measured him and he was 21 1/2 inches long. That means in just two short weeks he gained 2 1/2 inches in length. I think he is going to be a big boy!

During this visit the pediatrician also did his second state PKU screening. He did not like this at all. Of course I would not like it either if they poked and prodded at my heals. Poor little guy.

During this week my mom had come back to help me take care of Luke and Natalie. This was incredibly helpful this week because I had started to develop the "Baby Blues" postpartum depression and was crying at the drop of a hat. I just needed my mommy and thankfully she was able to come and be with me. Within a few days of her being here I felt much better. Thanks mom!

It was also during this week that we discovered that Luke really likes to ride in his car seat. We took several driving trips around the neighborhood and around the interstate to get him to be less fussy. And so far it has worked really well. We will see how long it lasts.

While my mom was here we were still rocking him and holding him all night in the rocking chair but by time she left I was ready to get him into the crib so I could have a good night sleep in my bed. I gave her the much desired Gigi time of rocking and holding him but when she left I decided it was time to try the crib again. Thanks to the advice from a Sunday School friend I was able to purchase several swaddling blankets and swaddle him at night and by Saturday, June 30 he was sleeping in his own crib!!! Thank you Amber Corley!!!

During the weekend I was able to take him to church with the help of my sister Allison. This is the big patriotic celebration at our church and I really wanted to go so I asked Allison to help me get both kids ready. With her help we were able to make it to the service and see the awesome patriotic celebration. Thanks Allison!!

It was a good week since we got him to sleep in his own crib BUT he is growing up REALLY fast!

God is good... All the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment